Map and Directions to Hamiota Office
Your first visit to Hamiota Dental establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history, and give you time to get to know your doctor. To understand what to expect for your first visit to our practice, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more. There's also background information about our committed staff and our first visit procedures.
"Teeth for Life!"
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, profession and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging and compassionate professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
What To Expect At your First Visit
Checkup and Cleaning
- Forms: Please come 10 minutes early of your appointment time to fill out a Medical History form (all ages)
- X-rays: Typically two x-rays are taken, one on each side of the mouth to check inbetween the teeth for cavities
- Cleaning: Our hygienest will scale your teeth and check how healthy your gums are. She will then educate you on ways you can improve your overall oral health. Our assistant then polishes your teeth and will administer fluoride.
- Check-up: Dr.Craig will assess your oral health and perform a cancer screening. He will also diagnose cavities, and inform you of treatment that will better improve your oral health. Our assistant can then help book your future appointments!
- If your first appointment with us is due to a problem, we will discuss your medical history, take any x-rays if needed to help plan your treatment, and if possible, perform that treatment the same day.
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this web site.